First, let's figure out how you can get around quickly.
- Look at a block not too far away and type /jumpto
- Stand under a tree and type /ascend
- While on top of the tree, type /descend
- Stand behind a tree trunk, look straight ahead, make sure there's room on the other side, and type /thru
Or whip out your compass, look at a nearby block, and left click. Want to go through walls? Right click on a wall.
A cuboid is like 3D rectangle. In WorldEdit, you select the region that you want by setting two points of a cuboid.
How do you choose the two points?
- Left and right click blocks while holding a wooden axe (use //wand to get a wooden axe)
- Stand somewhere and type //pos1 and //pos2
- Look at a block and type //hpos1 and //hpos2
Tutorial: Make an approximate selection of a 15x15x15 area to test with and go to the next section.
Doing things with the selection
- Set the entire thing to bedrock: //set minecraft:bedrock
- Set the entire thing to brick: //set brick (here we are using WorldEdit's internal block names)
- Set the selection to 50% sandstone, 50% glass: //set sandstone,glass
- Replace the sandstone with dirt: //replace sandstone dirt
- Clear the area: //set 0
- Generate an interesting shape: //g wool data=(32+15/2/pi*atan2(x,y))%16; (0.75-sqrt(x^2+y^2))^2+z^2 < 0.25^2
- Look in a cardinal direction (not diagonal) and repeat your selection: //stack 4
Let's undo your changes!
- Undo 7 times: //undo 7
Adjusting the selection
So you've got a cuboid. Let's change it!
- Make the cuboid 10 blocks taller, going up: //expand 10 up
- Make the cuboid 5 blocks longer in the direction that you are looking: //expand 5
- Make the cuboid 10 blocks shorter, going down: //contract 10 down
Playing with brushes
- Grab a pickaxe (try diamond) and have it as your active slot.
- Turn on a stone brush of radius 5: /br sphere stone 5
- Aim at ground not near you and right click to place large stone spheres.
- Make it so the brush only affects grass: /mask grass
- Instead of placing stone, let's place wool: /mat wool:red,wool:green
- Right click more areas.
- Disable the brush: /none
Check out WorldEdit#Usage!